Have you locked your Lenovo tablet and forgotten the password? Or is your device simply not responding and stuck on the Lenovo icon?
Technical forums are flooded with complaints such as “tablet stuck on Lenovo screen”, being unresponsive to charging, etc. It’s high time you reset a Lenovo tablet. You can also perform a hard reset if you have forgotten your PIN or need to bypass the Google FRP system.
So how to reset a Lenovo tablet back to factory settings? Is it safe? What about your data? In this article, I will answer all your questions and take you through the step-by-step process. There are two ways to reset a Lenovo tablet, i.e., soft reset and hard reset. And I shall cover both methods.
How To Reset a Lenovo Tablet?
First, let’s look at the steps to factory reset a Lenovo tablet. This method is applicable only if you remember your device PIN. (Move to the next section if you don’t remember your PIN/Password)
- Locate the ‘Setting’ icon from the notification menu or Apps menu. Tap on it to open the settings page.
- Scroll all the way down and tap on ‘System’.
- On the system page, tap on the ‘Reset Options’.
- Tap on ‘Erase all data (factory reset)’.
- If you have set a PIN to unlock your Lenovo tablet, it will ask you to enter it. Enter the PIN and go ahead.
- Again, tap on ‘Erase Everything’, and your tablet will reboot.
How To Hard Reset a Lenovo Tab?
If somehow, you have locked yourself out of your device and forgot the PIN, or your device has been unresponsive for some time, and you find the tablet stuck on the Lenovo screen, you can perform a hard reset using recovery mode to start your device. Here is how you can do it:
- Power off your Lenovo tablet. Then press Power and Volume Up keys simultaneously for a few seconds until you see the recovery screen.
- This will lead you to the Lenovo Recovery mode, where touch controls won’t work, but you can navigate using the Volume up and down keys and the power button to select/ok/apply the changes.
- By using the Volume down key, navigate to the ‘Wipe Data/Factory Reset’ option. Hit the power key to select the option.
- On the next screen, again use the power key to select ‘Factory Data Reset’. You can see the progress at the bottom of the screen. Give it a few minutes. A hard reset may take up to 10 minutes.
- Once the reset is complete, use the Volume up key to go to the ‘Reboot System Now’. Hit the power button to complete the action.
- Wait for the Lenovo icon to appear, and the Welcome screen will load up. That’s it. You’ve successfully hard reset your Lenovo tablet.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you forgot the password, the only way to reset it is by performing a hard reset using recovery mode. Turn on your Lenovo Tab using the power key + Volume up until you see the recovery screen. Use the Volume down key to scroll down to the Wipe data/factory reset option. Use the Power key to select.
You can wait for 2-3 minutes for it to respond. If not, power off the tablet, turn it on in recovery mode and perform a hard reset.
Yes, a factory reset will erase all your files, contact information, media, and applications. You should back up your important files before you perform a factory reset.
If somehow you cannot restore Lenovo to factory settings, try a hard reset using power and volume keys. If this doesn’t work, you should contact Lenovo support or take your device to the nearest service center for Lenovo tablet troubleshooting.
If you’ve locked out your Lenovo device or are facing constant glitches and lags in your tablet, a factory reset may be the only way to get your device back to working condition again, barring some hardware-related issues.
In that case, you can contact Lenovo care or take your device to the nearest service center. Also, remember to back up all your files and media before you perform any reset on it.